Five Finger Shoes(also called Five Foot Shoes; Toe Shoes) are designed by Italian VIBRAM company. It claims to be the most comfortable ultra-thin shoes in the world.
Five finger shoes are made of neoprene to prevent ankle sprains. The five finger shoes are like the gloves worn on the hands, which are "foot covers" for the soles of the feet, they protect the skin of the feet.
This kind of shoes is like the second layer of human skin, so that When the feet touch the ground, the reaction force is concentrated in the center of the sole of the foot instead of the heel, which helps maintain balance.
Five-finger shoes are one of the best Barefoot Shoes that can effectively exercise the muscles of the feet and calves, thereby improving running posture and better preventing injuries.
Wide toe boxes let your toes noe compressed but have room to spread, leading to better balance.
The sole of the shoe is thin and firm. Flexible soles let your foot bend and flex naturally which allows for better proprioception and feedback from the ground.
"Zero-drop" non-elevated heel for proper posture. This allows feet to be in a neutral position and puts less stress on the joints, protecting your foot while giving your brain the feedback and stimulation your brain wants.
1. Strength: Five finger shoes not only strengthen all the muscles in the foot, but they also help the foot develop in the correct way to prevent deformities.
2. Better balance: Five finger shoes increase our sensory experiences of the ground beneath us, allowing the brain to develop new neural connections resulting in improved balance and stability.
3. Pain-free: Long-term use of barefoot shoes can help your back pain disappear as it encourages good body-posture.
4. Reflexology: There are many acupressure points on the feet connecting to different parts of the body. By stimulating these points, one can revitalize various body organs to improved energy, organ function, circulation etc..
5. Joy: Research has proven going barefoot lowers the blood pressure, overall tension in the body and the levels of the stress hormone cortisol.